Baby walkers are quite helpful to walk for baby. The article discusses how to help your baby to make him walk comfortably without any stress or fear. Teach your baby walking and make him accustomed to walk by using baby walker
Since babies are not born with the ability to walk, they need the guidance and support of parents to learn walking.
In addition to that, parents can make use of baby walkers to teach their babies learn walking.
Baby Walkers Guide | Tips & Activities | How to Make Your Baby Accustomed to Walk Easily
In fact, teaching the babies to learn anything new is not that easy, however, if parents are keen on guiding to walk their kids, they can make it possible.
Similarly, if parents are interested in teaching their babies the art of using baby walkers properly, they can accomplish this task sooner or later.
Ways to Make Your Baby Master of Baby Walkers
Coupled with the interest of guiding babies, the parents can adapt following useful ways to make their babies master of using baby walkers:
1. Figure out When your Baby is Ready to take tiny Steps
Every baby is unique in its own way. In fact, the growth of every baby is different from one another.
Some babies grow at a high pace and some babies grow at low speed due to nutritional or biological factors. So, no one knows the exact age of babies for walking.
However, there are multiple indications with which one can figure out whether a baby is ready to walk or it still needs some time.
Those signs are:
- When a baby starts controlling its head, waist and other body parts.
- When a baby becomes capable of sitting on its own.
- When a baby manages to crawl on its own.
- When a baby stands up without any parental assistance.
2. Provide Walker-Friendly Surface for Smooth Sailing
As baby walkers have been designed to move, so they need an even and smooth surface for uninterrupted movement.
Whether you use the baby walker on hardwood floors, cemented floors, tiles, carpet or any other surfaces.
You need to make sure that the surface is suitable for the baby walker. In fact, smooth surfaces will encourage babies to use walkers.
3. Provide your Baby with a Baby Walker
After you have found that your baby is ready to walk and have arranged a suitable surface for the baby walker, you may introduce your baby with a baby walker.
However, certain babies readily accept new toys, while some may show reluctance towards them.
Those babies who show acceptance are easy to train but those who are unwilling to accept new toys, such as baby walkers, are difficult to acclimatize. However, with honest attempts you can make reluctant babies use baby walker.
All you need is to:
- Encourage babies to explore new things with the help of baby walkers
- Make babies feel comfortable with the baby walkers by sitting beside them.
- Make babies touch the baby walkers; you can use engaging toys to attract babies’ attention.
- Assist babies in using baby walkers by placing them inside the hanging seats.
- Keep an eye on them to prevent them from getting injured.
4. Teach your Baby to Stand up and Walk
As soon as you place your baby inside the seat of baby walker, it will sit and won’t take steps until you encourage.
In case your baby does the same, you should understand that it has not yet realized its new found capability to move here and there without falling down.
So, how would you make your baby stand and walk? Let’s check this out:
- a. Parents should make the baby stand up by holding it from the waist. After a while, they should take their hands away from the waist let the baby stand on its own.
- The Parents should maintain a distance between them and the baby so as to encourage baby to reach their parents.
- Try to make the baby stand up with your hands at first. As long as you offer your hands to baby for making it stand up, it will boost its confidence and finally the baby will stand up on its own.
- When your baby learns how to stand up, half the job has been accomplished. Now it comes to the part of walking.
- So, for that purpose, you need to encourage your baby to take small steps. Those small steps will become large strides by and by.
- As your baby won’t take steps by itself for it doesn’t know the way of walking, so it’s again you who have to teach and motivate the baby.
- After putting the baby inside the walker, parents need to push the walker gently. Moreover, they need to offer incentives such as interesting toys, favorite foods, calling signals etc.
5. Make Sure that your Baby takes Steps Properly
Whenever a baby tries to take small steps, it tends to place its feet on each other. But when you place your baby inside the walker, make sure that each leg of baby is put inside separate hole of hanging seat. Because, it will keep your baby’s legs slightly wide and make him walk easily.
6. Don’t use Baby Walker for more than 20 Minutes
Anything in excess is detrimental. Same rule applies on the use of baby walkers. Parents should not rely solely on baby walkers for the overall development of their babies. They should allocate a separate time for every activity.
Babies should be allowed to sit on the ground, crawl here and there, enjoy tummy time, and play with other engaging toys.
7. Have a Vigilant Eye on your Baby When it is using a Baby Walker
Parents should not take baby walkers lightly; they can be harmful at times. Therefore, it is imperative for the guardians to maintain a keen eye on their babies while they are using the walkers.
Moreover, parents need to place their babies inside the hanging seats of walkers, prevent them from going astray, making the walkers turn left or right and doing other such things so as to providing their babies a safe ride.
On the whole, being side by side with the baby will give it confidence to use baby walker.